[Dev] Fwd: Re: Article: Chromium's subtle freedom flaws

Nicolás Ortega Froysa deathsbreed at themusicinnoise.net
Wed May 10 08:48:10 GMT 2017

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 08:43:00PM -0400, Luke wrote:
> Stallman is sitting on an article which he was going to post, but said
> "It is going to take time. (March 5, 2016)
> The article does raise the issues, link to the infringing source code,
> and mentions his proposed fix (GNU fork of Ungoogled-Chromium). I sent
> him the original draft article explaining the issue and he re-wrote
> several portions of it.

Regardless of the article, where is the infringing source code (exact
files that I can look up in the repo, please)? I understand the need for
a libre fork (exactly as what we do with Mozilla Firefox, but we don't
go around saying that's non-free, just that it promotes non-free
addons), but with regards to Qt5 Webengine and all software that uses
it, I would very much appreciate if this knowledge were shared instead
of sitting in a safe until Richard decides to publish his article.

I believe I mentioned this to fauno last night, but I would really
suggest creating an etherpad where all this information can be
concentrated so that everyone can see it and add comments on their
validity (especially with whatever pertains to Qt5 Webengine).

--
Nicolás Ortega Froysa (Deathsbreed)
https://themusicinnoise.net/