[Dev] Fwd: Re: Article: Chromium's subtle freedom flaws

Megver83 megver83 at openmailbox.org
Tue May 9 14:55:09 GMT 2017

Is this really an internal problem of Parabola? I say this because,
what if other distros adopt qt5-webengine? then it will become a
bigger problem not only for us, but for the other free distros too.
Maybe we should discuss this with the FSF and/or the GNU Project, they
could fork Chromium/Iridium/Ungoogled-chromium like they did with
Icecat (like creating an "Icemium").

For now, I think the best thing would be to blacklist the packages
that depend on webengine, after all, it is nonfree, and we block a lot
of free software that depends or works only with nonfree packages
(with no [libre] replacement).