[Dev] DDNS + parabola.nu sub-domain for our build server

André Silva emulatorman at riseup.net
Sat Mar 25 05:29:05 GMT 2017

On 03/24/2017 06:21 PM, André Silva wrote:
> On 03/24/2017 11:42 AM, Josh Branning wrote:
>> For my website, I use http://freedns.afraid.org/ and inadyn as the
>> client. I use a CNAME record to point to the web address.
>
> Cool, thanks for let me know, i'll test inadyn then :)

Hey guys, Luke .R let me know that DDNS + sub-domain is not needed for
our build server, since we can configure it to upload directly to
winston. Using DDNS on a build server may expose my local area network,
which isn't good for security.

We are still in need of several donations in order to complete this build.

1) An Uninterruptable Power Supply

- Preferably 1500VA.

e.g.

https://www.amazon.com/APC-Back-UPS-Battery-Protector-BR1500G/dp/B003Y24DEU

2) A Power Supply for the Build Server

- Preferably 500W

e.g.
https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-WHITE-Power-Supply-100-W1-0500-KR/dp/B00H33SFJU

3) EEB Form-Factor Compatible Chasis

e.g.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854018

4) PC-4200 DDR2 RAM (Preferably 16GB+ for fast building without using swap)
Mobo is Compatible with:
Memory Type: DDR2 533/667/800 Reg. ECC*
Memory Size: 512MB 1GB 2GB 4GB

e.g.
https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Workstation-Buffered-PC2-4200-Tech/dp/B00VO5KWW6
x2

Stretch goal:

2-4hour extended Backup-UPS addon:
https://www.amazon.com/APC-Back-UPS-External-Battery-BR24BPG/dp/B0047E5B90

32GB of ram:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VO5J5MY

Stretch goal would be powerful server and nice to have, but they are
optional and not required to complete the build server.

For now, we have motherboard [0], CPU + heatinks/fan + thermal paste and
1TB HDD.

[0]:https://www.asus.com/us/Commercial-Servers-Workstations/KFSN4DRESAS/specifications/