[Dev] DDNS + parabola.nu sub-domain for our build server

André Silva emulatorman at riseup.net
Fri Mar 24 07:10:20 GMT 2017

On 03/24/2017 05:52 AM, Andreas Grapentin wrote:

> Hi André,
>
> does this box have to be located at your house, instead of a
> run-of-the-mill dedicated root server in some reputable hosting company?
>
> In my experience, this usually causes more trouble than it is worth,
> unless you have very specific requirements a hoster can not offer.

Hi Andreas, we need at least a dedicated and specific build server with
a motherboard such as ASUS KFSN4-DRE [0] or ASUS KGPE-D16 [1] and CPUs
focused 100% for building, not to host a simple server. I don't know if
a reputable hosting company as our server hosting sponsor (1984.is [2])
could do that for a cheap cost, gratis or if they can offer those very
specific requirements. :(

Otherwise, if it is not possible, at least one of our trusted hackers
[3][4][5] should handle it "in situ" for security/privacy reasons.

[0]:https://libreboot.org/docs/hcl/kfsn4-dre.html
[1]:https://libreboot.org/docs/hcl/kgpe-d16.html
[2]:https://www.1984.is/
[3]:https://www.parabola.nu/people/hackers/