[Dev] librerouter aka communitycube

Luke g4jc at openmailbox.org
Fri Mar 3 23:10:05 GMT 2017

On 03/03/2017 03:44 PM, fauno wrote:
> do you remember when we were approached by some guy with a crowdfunded
> arm board with local services and were dismissed because we failed to
> give a reply in like a week?
>
> he just scammed a friend of mine by making him work and refusing to pay
> him what they agreed.
>
> my friend posted the story on github but the content was changed by the
> scammer into text abuse:
> https://github.com/Librerouter/Librekernel/issues/237
>
> just letting you know so you don't get scammed too :(

I remember that guy, I triggered him by asking specific questions in
chat. He got hostile and said we didn't share his vision. Glad we didn't
make any agreement with him. He had already scammed a bunch of people
through crowdfunding by promising the product before any product had
even been created. Those people were/are no doubt demanding refunds, so
he had no equity to begin with, and is liable for lying to his customers
and stealing their money. Kickstarter should refund the customers, but I
imagine he has already withdrawn all the money and spent it.

- Classic example of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/communitycubes/communitycube-lets-build-a-fair-internet/comments

In addition to that, several of his proposals were completely impossible
to do and shows he had no basic understanding of networking and computer
limitations, just profiting off of the hype for free software and privacy.

Any time someone offers you a high-pressure job with unrealistic goals,
or a product that can't keep up with it's claims, it is probably a scam.
It's also sad that still actively seeks out people to scam by holding
them to impossible to reach goals and then lying to his customers about
the product's progress.

Lesson learned. Avoid this shill like the plague.