[Dev] Strange libremakepkg error

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Wed Jun 28 01:21:29 GMT 2017

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:14:04 -0400,
Luke Shumaker wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 14:45:00 -0400,
> Megver83 wrote:
> >  |  /usr/sbin/librechroot: line 69: Binary: command not found
>
> For some reason grep thinks $chrootdir/etc/makepkg.conf is a binary
> file.  So for one thing, `-a` should be passed to grep.  I'll fix that
> in git.  But what's in your makepkg.conf that makes it look binary?

If you could attach or upload your chroot's makepkg.conf that causes
this, it would be very helpful.  The `grep -a` thing needs to be fixed
in two places: librechroot and arch-nspawn; for arch-nspawn I would
very much like to send that change upstream to Arch so that I don't
have to maintain a patch.  And knowledge of a scenario that could
cause it to make a difference would be very helpful in justifying the
change to Jan.