[Dev] fossology in parabola

bill-auger bill-auger at peers.community
Mon Jul 10 12:22:18 GMT 2017

some time ago i began adapting the fossology program to build on parabola - i hit some snags though but i submitted my changes to the upstream repo anyways - they are now asking me if it worthwhile to pursue debugging it and if i would maintain arch support for the fossology program - i doubt that arch ppl or parabola end-users would be interested in this but perhaps it would be useful for parabola internal use

if you are not familiar with it - it is a PHP server program with a web interface that clones remote git and SVN repos or accepts tarball uploads then analyzes all files to detect licenses and copyright contacts and to manage the manual verification process for files that it could not auto-detect

does anyone use this already? is this something that would be used or if were in the parabola repos? and in six months when it breaks will anyone care to keep it working?

https://github.com/fossology/fossology/pull/864