[Dev] libretools 20170705 release announcement
lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Wed Jul 5 21:51:11 GMT 2017
I just released libretools 20170705 to [libre], and pushed the source
tarball to <https://repo.parabola.nu/other/libretools/>.
This is a fairly small release, but with a few potentially BREAKING
Potentially BREAKING CHANGES from 20170512 to 20170705:
* The load_files() and check_vars() functions got merged into one
load_conf() function. Any external programs that used conf.sh
will need to be updated. The only such program I know if, the
autobuilder, has already been updated and is ready for this
* Previously, conf.sh kinda-sorta worked in /bin/sh; now it
positively requires bash.
* The syntax of the `REPODEST` configuration item in
libretools.conf has changed. You will need to merge any .pacnew
files before you are able to resume using librerelease. This
change enables the port number to be set here, which means that
new users will no longer have to separately configure their
Other changes from 20170512 to 20170705:
* Better error handling around config parsing.
* GPG signatures created by librerelease are no longer
ASCII-armored; they are now in the binary format.
* Improve --help text.
- libretools.conf defaults:
* Include the 1863 port number in the default values.
* Adjust for the librerelease's change in the REPODEST syntax.
* BUGFIX: Allow nesting of LIBREUSER (user->root->user). This
means that when libremakepkg runs `pkgbuild-check-nonfree`, p-c-n
uses the correct values for LIBREUSER and LIBREHOME when loading
its configuration. This fixes an issue with the autobuilder.
* NEW: Added EXIT_* constants, for more consistent exit code
meanings across programs
* BUGFIX: setup_traps(): When handling an error, leave stdout
alone; everything should be done on stderr.
- more tests
- tidy HACKING documentation
Finally, because of Joseph's recent call for localization of
pacman2pacman, I would like to reiterate that libretools is entirely
internationalized, but still needs localized (translated). I'm now
adding a `po/HACKING` file to document how to add translations.
~ Luke Shumaker
More information about the Dev