[Dev] Parabola as an option for Purism Librem laptops

fauno fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Wed Jul 5 13:29:34 GMT 2017

Mladen Pejaković <mladen.pejakovic at puri.sm> writes:

> Hello Parabola community!
>
> I myself am a longtime Arch Linux user, and since about a year ago, I
> started with Parabola, too. But now I will speak for the Purism, SPC.
> For all of you who haven't heard about us: in short, we are trying to
> manufacture laptops ("Librem") that will be completely free from
> proprietary/binary software and firmware. You can find out more about
> our goals and current status on our website: https://puri.sm.
>
> Now, to the point. Besides our PureOS (Debian based OS, without
> non-free), we want to offer other distros as an option to our customers.
> Those will come on an USB drive, with small fee just to cover the USB
> cost and labour. We are considering to offer Parabola live install image
> as well, therefore, we want to ask if this is okay with the Parabola
> community?
>
> We decided to go for Parabola because we did some research and we found
> it to be the most "free" of all other endorsed distros, as well as we
> think its bleeding edge software can support our hardware without
> problems. We even based our own process of liberating our PureOS on
> Parabola's "your-freedom" blacklist.
>
> I'll be happy to answer any of your question, and I'm inviting you to
> check out our forums (https://forums.puri.sm/), tracker/wiki
> (https://tracker.pureos.net/) and perhaps jobs list
> (https://puri.sm/jobs/).

hi!  personally i don't see why not, the machines look awesome!  but i
haven't looked at it carefully, so don't take my answer as a yes until
more people replies :)

other vendors have offered to place a small donation to us on every
device sold with parabola, is that something you do?  we aren't able to
receive donations currently, so maybe it's something to revisit in the
future.

--
}(:=