[Dev] Website Maintenance
lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 17 20:22:05 GMT 2017
On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 14:20:59 -0500,
> Just a notification that scheduled website maintenance is underway
> 1/14/17 to fix security issues and migrate parts of our services to
> another server.
> Expect temporary downtime while maintenance while this is underway.
> Join #parabola IRC on freenode to keep up with the latest events.
The scheduled maintenance/migration is completed.
Notes about maintenance:
- Proton rebooted and had downtime, but not due to the maintenance.
Ask n1m4d for details.
- There was still a logging hiccup around the reboot because of
collectd starting before the timesync. It seems that timesyncd is
sending READY=1 before it has actually synced, which is wrong.
Notes about migration:
- repo and repomirror have moved from Proton to Winston. Some users
may continue to hit Proton for these; the DNS records have 24hour
TTLs. Proton will continue to function in this capacity (although
outdated) for as long as necessary (until at least Friday).
- www.parabola.nu/packages is not updating since migrating. The
solution is to either move www to Winston, or to expose Proton's
PostgreSQL to the network (either the Internet, or lvpn (Proton is
on lvpn, Winston is currently not) and have reporead run on Winston,
talking over the network to Proton's PostgreSQL.
- The libretools' libretools.conf default for REPODEST= will no
longer work; the authority-part needs to be changed to
repo at repo.parabola.nu; though packagers might prefer to use
repo at winston.parabola.nu if they do not yet see the DNS changes
from their DNS server. A libretools release with updated defaults
is blocked by a systemd bug, but should be coming soon.
- The above reporead and libretools issues.
- I'm hereby scheduling another maintenance for Friday (2017-10-20)
* Update parabola-hackers(-nshd) on Winston
* Deploy parabola-hackers(-nshd) on Proton
* Generally -Syu Winston.
* Possibly deploy holo-files on both.
~ Other Luke
More information about the Dev