[Dev] [RFC] modular pacman.conf and makepkg.conf by default

Megver83 megver83 at hyperbola.info
Sat Dec 16 21:17:12 GMT 2017

El 15/12/17 a las 23:26, Luke Shumaker escribió:
> Hi,
>
> What do you guys think about modifying the default pacman.conf to have
> this at the end:
>
> 	Include = /etc/pacman.d/*.conf

Sure, why not. In that way anyone can set up its custom repos in
separated files rather than in pacman.conf itself.

> and the default makepkg.conf to have this at the end:
>
> 	for file in /etc/makepkg.d/*.conf; do
> 		if [[ -f "$file" ]]; then
> 			source "$file"
> 		fi
> 	done
> 	unset file

I imagine that then pacman should come with an empty /etc/makepkg.d dir?
Because I don't see it in my /etc dir.

> This would make it easier for configuration packages (like Holo
> packages or <https://config.parabola.nu/> /
> <https://git.parabola.nu/server/config.git/>) to add bits to their
> configurations.
>
>  - As an admin of several Parabola-running servers, including the
>    parabola.nu servers, that is appealing to me.
>
>  - As the developer of a package (libretools) that has to modify the
>    default makepkg.conf, that is appealing to me.
>
>  - As someone involved in Holo, which works best with modular config
>    files, that is appealing to me.
>
> One of the few things that I like more than writing code is deleting
> code.  And it would let me phase-out and delete the
> `librefetch-install` program.

Yea, deleting code rocks! specially when it's crappy and badly written :)

--
~Megver83

SIP: megver83 at sip.linphone.org
XMPP: megver83 at jabjab.de