[Dev] How can I enable SPIdev on Parabola ARM?

Josh Branning lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 23:14:40 GMT 2017

On 27/04/17 20:21, Megver83 wrote:

> Hi everyone, I want to flash libreboot with my Banana Pi M1, but I
> haven't found a way to enable the /dev/spidev* devices. I've tried
> enabling spidev and spi-sun4i modules, but nothing. In some forums, it
> tells me to edit the famous /boot/config.txt which is only available
> for the RPi.
>
> I've read http://linux-sunxi.org/SPIdev but I really do not know the
> difference between "y" and "m" in kernels (I know that "m" stands for
> "module"). If you can help me, I'd be very thankful.

IIRC y stands for "yes", assuming support is in the kernel, and y is to
enable that support. I think you are correct that m is for "module".

Have you tried UART connection?

Before arch linux arm supported the A10 olinuxino-lime, I got u-boot and
a kernel compiled with an arch linux rootfs, to put on an sdcard [1]. I
also did the same for an A13 tablet (although it had/needed proprietary
wifi drivers).

It was a long time ago, but I also had problems, so debugged using UART,
and can strongly recommend this for sunxi devices.

That said, I did not use libreboot, I used u-boot instead. Somebody had
already ported u-boot to those boards, so not much work was needed.

Sorry if I cannot be of any more help, I am by no means an expert,

Nowadays, I just install the arch linux arm image, and follow the
migration guide, which doesn't help much for debugging, but seems to work.

Josh

[1]
http://www.publicsite.org/J05HYYY/software_downloads/olinuxinolime-archlinux.tar.gz