[Dev] handling the OpenSSL 1.0->1.1 upgrade

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Tue Apr 25 14:37:26 GMT 2017

Hi all,

Yesterday, Arch cut over from openssl 1.0 to openssl 1.1, and added
the "openssl-1.0" package for packages that really do need 1.0 and
can't be upgraded to 1.1.

Anyway, I expect that most packages linked against openssl in [libre]
and [pcr] need to be recompiled.  There's a decent chance that a given
user won't notice the breakage, as there's a decent chance that
they'll have something that depends on openssl-1.0.

I've already recompiled pacman, as that is a pretty critical thing to
break.

I appologize that I'm not producing a list of all packages that need
recompiled; I will be traveling.  I may be available tonight.

db-check-package-libraries was designed for the purpose of identifying
these packages, but it appears to not be working.