[Dev] I want to become a parabola hacker!

Andreas Grapentin andreas at grapentin.org
Fri Apr 21 07:22:27 GMT 2017

missing attachments....

(this is probably going to happen fairly often, I apologize in advance)

-A

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 09:19:51AM +0200, Andreas Grapentin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> please find attached a profile and a (somewhat) recent, if slightly
> derpy picture of my face.
>
> as for which role to take - I think it might make sense to start with
> something simpler, until I learn the ropes. I'm open to suggestions
> here, since you probably know better than me where the fires need to be
> put out first, but I was thinking along the lines of starting to
> maintain a couple of -libre packages and then later starting to do some
> work on libretools / packaging infrastructure things.
>
> Does that sound reasonable?
>
> Best,
> Andreas
>
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 02:15:47PM -0300, Megver83 wrote:
> > Excellent! these are good news. Which rols to you want to take? or you
> > prefer us to choose it for you?
> >
> > Then send us your ssh key and sign, and optionally a profile of you
> > and a photo, see this example[0]
> >
> > Regards,
> > Megver83
> >
> > [0]
> > https://git.parabola.nu/hackers.git/plain/users/1036.yml?id=2b0612a4d5f5
> > 268c55e258a41cc84d153226ec72
> >
> > El 20/04/17 a las 14:05, Andreas Grapentin escribió:
> > >
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > I would like to step in and volunteer to become a parabola hacker,
> > > and help maintain infrastructure and packages. I think it's time
> > > for me to step in and do some actual work for the project :)
> > >
> > > Some info on me to back up my application:
> > >
> > > - you might know me as 'oaken-source' from IRC - I donated and
> > > maintain mirror.grapentin.org, the (currently only) german
> > > parabola mirror - before migrating to parabola, I have been using
> > > arch for longer than I can remember; I maintain a couple of desktop
> > > parabola installs now, as well as 2 dedicated servers running
> > > parabola - I maintain a private parabola package repo for
> > > miscellaneous stuff, and have some experience with writing
> > > PKGBUILDs, building packages from source, and using libretools - I
> > > have tons of experience in writing C / python / bash code, and to a
> > > slightly lesser extent in many other programming languages - I have
> > > a M.Sc. in Software Engineering from the University of Potsdam,
> > > mainly focused on system software and operating systems - I am
> > > currently doing my PhD in operating systems and middleware at the
> > > same university - this is my github profile (slightly out of date;
> > > I only just recently adopted the FSF endorsed terminology, some
> > > projects might sill say "open source" all over them):
> > > https://github.com/oaken-source/ - I strongly dislike ruby and
> > > perl.
> > >
> > > I hope you will allow me to make myself useful :)
> > >
> > > Best, Andreas

> > --
> > SIP: megver83 at sip.linphone.org
> > XMPP: megver83 at diasp.org
> > Kontalk: +56 9 5630 2363
> > Tox: megver83 at toxme.io
> > GPG: 6DB9C4B4F0D8C0DC432CF6E4227CA7C556B2BA78
> [...]

my GPG Public Key:                 https://files.grapentin.org/.gpg/public.key
---
username: oaken-source
fullname: Andreas Grapentin
email:
- andreas at grapentin.org
groups:
- hackers
pgp_keyid: BFA8008A8265677063B11BF47171986E4B745536
ssh_keys:
  andreas at grapentin.org: ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQCuXyvHi+T65YJ8bM3RQGNsxLlHHM5IG/T53MPznXBAaUqvexLzKiXEvh52uR1Kd6jQ3khNbb3CF2QpGwH/uK+YBoKHwur9PPoEp7ZeEH7nTmWKbOKLSxRp9QgtcBANby8K9Jo3wMHbU8AFN8W7BrlT4/oAPs82jpPnfyuBmDAkW4jl0IEy5X6sdaSlGifLgo+d4rzrpyNXPQYSmEQOp3pHwaN/e7AB9NjHtoLn30d7oMUgbLNdUgdk+LptR8fvhxHeJLNRxYCwDPQgpkokNYmlEx+eCHgJaGVcEPeXqRp9xjtMa/WfWrgDtRDdTQh8Lsm+eNNLDXukR0JPj7lAMl0x
shell: "/bin/bash"
extra:
  other_contact: Freenode:oaken-source
  roles: Parabola Hacker
  occupation: Student
  yob: 1989
  location: Potsdam, Germany
  languages: English, German
  interests: Software Engineering, Operating Sytems, Horsemanship
  favorite_distros: Parabola GNU/Linux-libre, LFS, GNU/Minix (someday...)