[Dev] [RFC] Deprecate Parabola Iceweasel in favor of Triquel Abrowser

Andreas Grapentin andreas at grapentin.org
Sun Apr 23 05:22:42 GMT 2017

I found at least one significant difference between abrowser and
iceweasel:

> [abrowser] is also modified so that if you install add-ons they use
> the ones on the Trisquel add-on site because the mozilla site
> encourages users to install non-free add-ons

source: https://trisquel.info/en/forum/how-abrowser-different-firefox

do we want that?

We could probably also start our own firefox-libre, cherry picking from
trisquel's patches, or maybe, seeing that nobody else seems to do it,
try and keep iceweasel up to date and have that as 'our' thing. As long
as no additional freedom issues pop up, this should just be a matter of
testing whether the patches still work from the last version, and if
not, modify them slightly. I think I could do that.

Best,

-A