[Dev] About non-monetary donations

Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic tct at ceata.org
Fri Apr 21 06:47:42 GMT 2017

On 21.04.2017 01:40, Luke wrote:
> On 04/20/2017 05:58 PM, Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic wrote:
>>> * 1x C.H.I.P.
>>> * 1x Dell Latitude 2110
>>> * 1x Netgear WNA1100
>>>
>>> It was donated by Luke .R (Gaming4JC) and paid from his own pocket
>> So is any other donation to Parabola. Paid from the donor's pocket. I
>> fail to see your argument. You need to hand over this Parabola hardware
>> too. The hardware belongs to Parabola, not Gaming4JC and donations to
>> non-profit projects are not refundable.
>
> Unless Ceata has declared those donations as a tax deduction on their
> financial report, they were donated directly to the developer(s) at no
> cost to Parabola or Ceata.

For Ceata to declare in-kind donations, there needs to be a sponsorship
contract signed between the sponsor and Ceata. Nobody came forward to us
with this and some other donations to handle them properly. Instead,
things popped out on the wiki. There are also monetary donations on the
wiki that (at least) Ceata knows nothing about.

> So, per a previous e-mail[1], they shouldn't have ever been placed on
> the wiki to begin with. The CHIP was (probably still is) broken and
> needed serious repair, the other two pieces of hardware were previously
> used. I don't think they are worth our time fighting over at this point.
>
> 1. https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004983.html

However, these in-kind donations have "been placed on the wiki" and
declared as donations to Parabola in a Parabola public document. So the
hardware needs to be returned to Parabola, since the recipients have
resigned from the project.

Tiberiu