[Dev] [IMPORTANT] What happened to some images in ParabolaWiki?

hellekin hellekin at gnu.org
Thu Apr 20 21:44:53 GMT 2017

On 04/20/2017 03:39 PM, Quiliro wrote:
> El Thu, 20 Apr 2017 13:37:53 +0300
> Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic <tct at ceata.org> escribió:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> You can revert the changes coadde has made to the wiki pages in his
>> vandalization efforts before leaving the project and reupload the
>> deleted images from the Web Archive, such as this one:
>>
>> https://web.archive.org/web/20161208020551/https://wiki.parabola.nu/images/3/33/Logotipo_color.png
>>
>> I hope this helps restore the wiki.
>
> I also think coade should restore the wiki. But lets not dwell on that.
> There are much more important things to invest our time in. Or you
> think that a logo is that important?

More importantly, everybody should stop acting like there's a war going
on, and that there are bad people and good people.  AFAIC I can only see
good people acting like bad people.  The emotional charge in this
situation is very high and venting it pointing fingers is the last thing
we should do.  When I wrote 'brat behavior', I wasn't expecting people
to start shooting at each other, but wanted to pinpoint the immaturity
with which this whole process was mishandled.  I was certainly upset,
because of the hard work many here put into the project and setting up
fiscal sponsorship to facilitate it; yet, for some reason probably
linked to what some mentioned regarding the affect of money, the
communication flow broke.  Let's not make the mistake to crystallize
this frustrated affect into enemy figures.  As Quiliro wrote, there are
better things to do than argue. Also, everyone should make an effort to
understand the shock and sadness of everyone else, and use compassion
rather than accusation as a medium to handle this situation with dignity.

Regards,

==
hk