[Dev] [IMPORTANT] What happened to some images in ParabolaWiki?

Megver83 megver83 at openmailbox.org
Thu Apr 20 17:10:32 GMT 2017

El 20/04/17 a las 13:46, Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic escribió:
> On 20.04.2017 19:42, Megver83 wrote:

>>> https://web.archive.org/web/20161208020551/https://wiki.parabola.nu/
im

ages/3/33/Logotipo_color.png

>>> Please stop deciding what is important and what not. It's
>>> disturbing!
>>
>>> Of course all that artwork used in more than 100 wiki pages is
>>>  important. Coadde managed to vandalize the wiki in 1h30'; one
>>> of the wiki maintainers can easily revert the changes and
>>> reupload the images in about the same amount of time. It
>>> doesn't have to be a whole community effort for over a month
>>> time. It's not that much work to do!

>>> That is non-sense. Artwork is not some feud. If they wanted it
>>>  somewhere, they could have copied it instead of deleting them
>>> from Parabola wiki, thus hurting the project. This is a
>>> stupid, childish revenge because things have not gone the way
>>> they wanted against the consensus of the community.
>>
>> The artwork *is going to be restored* by them.
>
> I don't get it. Why they have deleted it in the first place?
>
> They don't have the wiki permissions to restore anything now. And
> they can't possibly expect the Parabola community to trust them
> again with doing changes to the wiki.

*Quotes:*

[19:58:12] Megver83: si, fue intenso que 3 devs se fueran
[19:58:20] emulatorman: si
[19:58:32] Megver83: y se llevaran el arte
[19:58:55] emulatorman: bah, pero eso ahora estara publicamente en un
lugar neutral
[19:59:06] emulatorman: pueden copiarlo a gusto y desgusto
[19:59:13] Megver83: si me dijo coadde
[19:59:23] Megver83: es decir, lo movieron

Translation:

[19:58:12] Megver83: yes, it was hard that 3 devs leave
[19:58:20] emulatorman: yes
[19:58:32] Megver83: and they took away the artwork
[19:58:55] emulatorman: bah, but that will be public in a neutral place
[19:59:06] emulatorman: you can copy it as you want and like
[19:59:13] Megver83: Yes, coadde told me
[19:59:23] Megver83: that means, you moved it

And later he told me:

[10:58:55] emulatorman: coadde me dijo que ni bien suba las artes a
savannah, me dijo que va a empezar a restaurar en la wiki de Parabola
[10:59:06] emulatorman: con arreglos
[10:59:11] Megver83: ok
[10:59:22] Megver83: es decir, lo van a re-subir con modificaciones
[10:59:56] emulatorman: si
[11:00:00] emulatorman: una version mejorada

(...)

[11:36:26] emulatorman: puedes escribir una carta en devs aclarando
que tuvimos una conversacion (que fue ahora reciente) de que vamos a
restaurar las imagenes en Parabola y organizarlas de una mejor forma
en la wiki de como estaba antes? crazytoon y coadde van a escribir una
carta alla en devs en unas horas
[11:36:44] Megver83: ok
[11:36:52] emulatorman: vimos que la organizacion y composicion
anterior expuesta estaba un desastre
[11:36:57] Megver83: de todas formas ya les dije que iban a resubirlas
[11:36:56] emulatorman: de composición
[11:37:15] emulatorman: no tenian ni un vinculo ni con el texto
[11:37:34] emulatorman: y las ilustraciones se repetian continuamente
[11:37:49] Megver83: :O
[11:37:59] emulatorman: entonces antes de ellos retirarse quieren
dejar un buen legado en arte y bien prolijo para la comunidad en Parabol
[11:38:22] Megver83: que bueno

Translation:

[10:58:55] emulatorman: coadde told me that as soon as I upload the
arts to Savannah, he told me that he will begin to restore in the
Parabola wiki
[10:59:06] emulatorman: with fixes
[10:59:11] Megver83: ok
[10:59:22] Megver83: that means, you will re-upload it with modification
[10:59:56] emulatorman: yes
[11:00:00] emulatorman: an improved version

(...)

[11:36:26] emulatorman: you can write a letter to devs clarifying that
we had a conversation (this one recently) about that we will restore
the images in Parabola and organize them in a better way in the wiki
compared to how was before? crazytoon and coadde will write a letter
there in devs in some hours
[11:36:44] Megver83: ok
[11:36:52] emulatorman: we saw the previous organization and
composition it was a disaster
[11:36:57] Megver83: anyways I told them you were going to re-upload the
[11:36:56] emulatorman: of composition
[11:37:15] emulatorman: they had neither a link nor the text
[11:37:34] emulatorman: and the illustrations were repeated continuously
[11:37:49] Megver83: :O
[11:37:59] emulatorman: then before they retire they want to leave a
good legacy in art and very neat for the community in Parabola
[11:38:22] Megver83: That's good

>>> Why wait for some miracle for the artwork to pop up somewhere
>>> else. A wiki maintainer can restore everything in 1-2h.

>>> Megver83, are you their spokesperson now? Please stop doing
>>> that, you're doing a lousy job and it's lame for them to tell
>>> you what to write after they unsubscribed from the mailing
>>> list.
>>
>> Well, you wanted to know, right?
>
> Do yourself and everybody a favor: *quote* them! Don't speak for
> them.
>
> They have published a lot of private communication lately. Surely
> you can quote them, even if it's not in their interest anymore.

Ready!

>>> Since you are in contact with Emulatorman and Coadde, please
>>> remind them they have Parabola hardware they need to give back
>>> to Parabola, since they are no longer members of the project:
>>
>>> https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/005030.html
>>
>> OK, I will
>
> I'm sure the community appreciates this.

Of course!

>>> Quiliro, now it'd be the time for you to acknowledge Parabola
>>> hardware _is important_ and needs to be recovered.
>
> Tiberiu

- --
SIP: megver83 at sip.linphone.org
XMPP: megver83 at diasp.org
Kontalk: +56 9 5630 2363
Tox: megver83 at toxme.io
GPG: 6DB9C4B4F0D8C0DC432CF6E4227CA7C556B2BA78
GNUSocial: @megver82 at quitter.cl
Diaspora*: David P. (same XMPP ID)