[Dev] [IMPORTANT] What happened to some images in ParabolaWiki?

Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic tct at ceata.org
Thu Apr 20 16:46:09 GMT 2017

On 20.04.2017 19:42, Megver83 wrote:
> El 20/04/17 a las 13:35, Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic escribió:

>> https://web.archive.org/web/20161208020551/https://wiki.parabola.nu/im
> ages/3/33/Logotipo_color.png

>> Please stop deciding what is important and what not. It's
>> disturbing!
>
>> Of course all that artwork used in more than 100 wiki pages is
>> important. Coadde managed to vandalize the wiki in 1h30'; one of
>> the wiki maintainers can easily revert the changes and reupload the
>> images in about the same amount of time. It doesn't have to be a
>> whole community effort for over a month time. It's not that much
>> work to do!

>> That is non-sense. Artwork is not some feud. If they wanted it
>> somewhere, they could have copied it instead of deleting them from
>> Parabola wiki, thus hurting the project. This is a stupid,
>> childish revenge because things have not gone the way they wanted
>> against the consensus of the community.
>
> The artwork *is going to be restored* by them.

I don't get it. Why they have deleted it in the first place?

They don't have the wiki permissions to restore anything now. And they
can't possibly expect the Parabola community to trust them again with
doing changes to the wiki.

>> Why wait for some miracle for the artwork to pop up somewhere else.
>> A wiki maintainer can restore everything in 1-2h.
>
>>> Correction: they will upload them again to ParabolaWiki with some
>>> some fixes.
>
>> Megver83, are you their spokesperson now? Please stop doing that,
>> you're doing a lousy job and it's lame for them to tell you what to
>> write after they unsubscribed from the mailing list.
>
> Well, you wanted to know, right?

Do yourself and everybody a favor: *quote* them! Don't speak for them.

They have published a lot of private communication lately. Surely you
can quote them, even if it's not in their interest anymore.

>> Since you are in contact with Emulatorman and Coadde, please remind
>> them they have Parabola hardware they need to give back to
>> Parabola, since they are no longer members of the project:
>
>> https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/005030.html
>
> OK, I will

I'm sure the community appreciates this.

>> Quiliro, now it'd be the time for you to acknowledge Parabola
>> hardware _is important_ and needs to be recovered.

Tiberiu