[Dev] [RFC] Source tarballs

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Thu Apr 20 01:50:29 GMT 2017

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 21:08:25 -0400,
Luke Shumaker wrote:
> I'm working on having libremakepkg produce sourceballs.  I was
> wondering if anyone had strong opinions about regular-sourceballs
> (`--source`) vs all-sourceballs (`--allsource`).  Perhaps having both
> with different extensions (what extension would be used other than
> `.src.tar.xz`?).
>
> Also, if anyone has opinions about sourceballs appearing anywhere
> other than $SRCPOOL (https://repo.parabola.nu/sources/parabola).  I'm
> somewhat attracted to the idea of them appearing along side the
> package files (`.pkg.tar.xz`) in the repo directories.

I forgot about `.abs.tar.gz` files.

.abs.tar.gz files (which in Arch are produced by
`abs.git:scripts/update-abs.sh`) will live alongside the `.db.tar.gz`
files, and contain the regular source; while the `.src.tar.xz` files
will contain the allsource.

I may end up having .src.tar.xz files appear alongside the .pkg.tar.xz
files.  We'll see.

--
Happy hacking,
~ Luke Shumaker