[Dev] Policy for Package Quarantines

Nicolás A. Ortega deathsbreed at themusicinnoise.net
Sat Apr 15 12:56:06 GMT 2017

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 09:26:20AM -0300, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
> There is a page in LibrePlanet that has list of packages with GNU FSDG
> problems, although I don't know why the heading links are broken.
>
> See
> [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/List_of_software_that_does_not_respect_the_Free_System_Distribution_Guidelines]].
>
> It has Chromium browser. To go to it, *search* for
> "chromium-browser". Remember: the links in the table of contents are
> broken somehow, because they point to location above the th real target.

I didn't want to make this about that case specifically, so I will bring
it back on topic by saying that the issue is that the information is not
concentrated, it is not analyzed, and I am never given a verifiable list
of files that are non-free (which should be the ultimate evidence). In
this case I found it terribly difficult to find any evidence and the
evidence provided by the page you are suggesting was terribly outdated
(many bug reports had been fixed 2 years prior, some other reports were
pointing to files that had other issues, not necessarily freedom
issues). Basically, I would like to solve the absolute mess of
information issue that we've had, that is the goal.

However, this does make me think that perhaps this could be turned into
something larger than simply the Parabola community, but that's not
something I'm going to get into.

--
Nicolás Ortega Froysa (Deathsbreed)
https://themusicinnoise.net/