[Dev] Q1: Do you have a consensus on the budget for the Build Server?

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Sat Apr 15 01:59:43 GMT 2017

On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 16:00:27 -0400,
Stig Roar wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 10:40:25PM +0300, Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic wrote:
> > still need the approval of the community to accept the donation.
> > Otherwise, it's just a donation to Emulatorman and can't be mentioned on
> > the Donations wiki page of the Parabola community.
>
> What are you saying? Are you saying that if I, for example, would like
> to donate to one or more devs, the community has got to approve it?

No, just that

	if community_approves(donation)
	then
		- The donation can be considered a "donation" to
		  "Parabola" through "Ceata" (with whatever tax
		  implications that has)
		- The donation can be listed on the Donations wiki
                  page (https://wiki.parabola.nu/Donations)
	else
		- The donation must be considered a "gift" to the
		  individual recipient (with whatever tax implications
		  that has)
		- The donation cannot be listed on the Donations wiki
                  page

That should have been pretty clear from the "you still need
... Otherwise ..." structure of tct's statement.

----

Given the heightened emotions surrounding this discussion (whether you
believe they are justified or not), I suggest that everyone be
extra-careful when reading whatever they reply to, and to give the
author as much benefit-of-the-doubt as you can muster.

It's all too easy to interpret a misunderstanding as maliciously
mis-characterizing the parent message, rather than as a genuine
misunderstanding.