[Dev] Policy for Package Quarantines

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Sat Apr 15 01:20:07 GMT 2017

On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 19:31:22 -0400,
fauno wrote:
> contacting/involving upstream should be a requisite too, in the past
> we've failed to do so and i remember one case where they contacted us
> about it.  it was about syslog-ng documentation license, which at the
> time of blacklisting was cc-by-sa-nc (iirc) and it was going to be
> changed to cc-by-sa (which i guess they did, because i see syslog-ng in
> repos now).

That was a really weird one.  We *were* going to contact upstream; I
even remember a pad where we composed the message we were sending
them.  It just... never actually got sent.  They happily changed the
license once they were aware that it was an issue, but were miffed
that we blacklisted it without contacting them first.