[Dev] Asking Gandi for sponsorship for the .org domain

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Fri Apr 14 21:39:25 GMT 2017

Hi all,

All of this recent talk about sponsorship reminded me that the
parabolagnulinux.org isn't sponsored, and that individual hackers have
been paying for it this whole time (AFAIK, either encyclomundi or
myself).  I paid for it last November because I just wanted it taken
care of, and didn't want to deal with the hassle of asking for
sponsorship.  At the time, I made a remark that we'd have to remember
to ask Gandi to sponsor it for us sometime before 2017-11, the same
way they do the parabola.nu domain.

So I've created a pad for a draft of the email that I (or whoever
wants to take responsibility for it) will be sending to our POC at
Gandi about sponsorship for the .org domain as well.

  https://pad.riseup.net/p/eKDBMsJHXJjy

I'm not terribly good at writing these, I think that everything I
write comes off as greedy or corny or something.