[Dev] [RFC] Create a public pad.parabola.nu

fauno fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Fri Apr 14 19:57:38 GMT 2017

Josh Branning <lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com> writes:

> On 14/04/17 18:54, Luke Shumaker wrote:
>> Sometimes, members of our community want to have a discussion via
>> etherpad... and that pad doesn't get shared with the rest of the
>> community, and cliques form.
>>
>> I propose creating pad.parabola.nu on which Parabola hackers[1] can
>> create pads, but the listing of all pads is public, so that none of
>> them are "secret".
>>
>> [1]: I said "Parabola hackers" as an anti-spam measure; credentials to
>> create a pad would be based on inclusion in hackers.git.
>>

> I think this is a sensible idea, but couldn't possibly comment myself as
> I am not an official.

it doesn't need to be authenticated.  in my experience pads are almost
never vandalized (i remember one case where the person vandalizing them
had auto-translate on chrome enabled and it messed up the text) and
they're much richer when many people is involved.  you can always save
them using the star icon.

+1 for an open pad