[Dev] An issue that could end up with Parabola

Megver83 megver83 at openmailbox.org
Thu Apr 13 15:05:44 GMT 2017

-------------- next part --------------
aurelien leave and back to stay on the Parabola (2014 - December)

# aurelien
#
# "*The heresy of money*"
#
# "*Money* is more *poisonous* than
# anything anywhere in the know bubble Univers."
#
# Judge directly:
# "Emulatorman, Icarious"
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002460.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002479.html

---

2017 - April

# aurelien
#
# "I am against the money"
#
# "Nowadays thanks GNU and thanks Parabola because I have a job"
#
# "dark corner of the money ..."
#
# "fauno his pillar"
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004858.html

# aurelien
#
# "the dark mail exchange around that
# I consider as a trap to one of thus who load the project."
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004866.html

# aurelien
#
# "That is why money burst my ass."
#
# "We create that community for cool reason and
# are now poisonned by that shit."
#
# "Get time to read about the §Make_Me_Piss article."
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004869.html

# aurelien
#
# "I was against the money from the first and
# you insist to be."
#
# "I do not appreciate that you force that
# by bringing people to vote for something that
# they never get part of."
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004871.html

# aurelien
#
# "Do not talk to me about ethical,
# you are the one who bring the poison."
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004874.html

# aurelien
#
# "building and pushing stuff thinking that
# I do not have to resign in front bullshit."
#
# "Money is a poison not a solution."
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004877.html

# aurelien
#
# "if I am a bit, ok a lot brutal."
#
# "fauno have all our trust, he bring us far"
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004880.html

# fauno
#
# "... it's a secret meeting to form a consensus ... "
#
# "... they were mixed with flak towards ceata that
# is completely unfair."
#
# "... some money Emulatorman had to spend from pocket
# for fisl and a veiled accusation of stealing parabola funds
# to myself."
#
# "... impulsiveness and lack of transparency
# put us in this position ..."
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004884.html

# fauno
#
# "what stresses me is your concern trolling"
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004893.html

# aurelien
#
# "There is secret meeting and
# then some of you people accuse fauno."
#
# "... if money represent trouble by trouble
# it generate, secret meeting are more ofen
# the root of the trouble."
#
# "... but the technical interest is my gazoline."
#
# "To thus who make that secret I blame you."
#
# "To thus who blame fauno, SHAME ON YOU!"
#
# "Shame on you because you make feel sad someone
# who give part of his life on this project and blame him
# about money trouble that no one have really the hands on."
#
# "I do not blame Ceata by that way but the economical world
# that make the things as they are and all of you because
# you do not understand the biggest lesson of Free Software
# which is we are the people, we are unit."
#
# "I invite all of you to present a correct solution
# in front the need of the servers,
# a professionnal presentation as excuse to fauno and
# all other Dev that you have flawed by you secret society."
#
# "I also invite you to share your project with new incomers
# to the community, as I have done with Emulatorman in time
# I share with him the kernel building function."
#
# "No one have to get out, but all of us have to get lesson
# from that situation."
#
# "I also invite you and I do not count me in that to have
# a look to mutuellism economical solution."
#
# "Last, close that topic and start one as mutuellism from
# knowledge to donation."
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004895.html

# fauno
#
# "this is my tl;dr: a bunch of parabola hackers
# unilaterally forced us into this situation, making several
# unsubstantiated claims they can't confirm and
# sistematically making purchases before knowing how we
# could pay for them.  now they're protecting themselves
# behind a concern troll."
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004901.html

# hellekin
#
# "I'm very disappointed at how things were (mis)handled
# and I am quite upset.  How comes adhocracy and consensus
# went to shit when it came to handling money?  Blaming Ceata
# for that when they only performed as they said they would
# brought Tiberiu to cancel your fiscal sponsorship, bravo,
# now you have to find another one within 2 months
# (good luck with that).  I only hope the
# Parabola community can survive your selfish brat behavior."
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004904.html

# hellekin
#
# "Read the thread, André and Aurélien attacked Tiberiu."
#
# "... frankly have other things to do in my life than
# documenting your bullshit."
#
# "I'm just saddened to see how you shot yourselves in the foot."
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004912.html

# tct - Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic
# RIP != 'Death' -> RIP == 'Rest In Peace'
#
# "every coup needs a plan to try give the action
# legitimacy, right? I'm sure that this is not the only talk
# you had behind everyone's backs."
#
# "And what is this g4jc: RIP Ceata, Emulatorman: #rip-ceata,
# coadde: rip-ceata. Do you really hate Ceata that much?
# RIP = Death. Is this your goodbye wish to Ceata? Have you
# named your communication channel #rip-ceata?"
#
# "You are so low..."
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004914.html

# lukeshu
#
# ''Sunday   : <fauno> i have the feeling this will get ugly''
#
# ''Wednesday: *it gets ugly*''
#
# ''... well shit.''
#
# ''While I understand, and am a fan of,
# the "you don't need to ask for permission to get things
# done" aspect of Adhocracy, given the size of Parabola's
# developer community, and that the costs of the server were
# a fairly substantial part of Parabola's funds,
# it absolutely was a mistake to not have this discussion
# with more members of the community.''
#
# ''We should not have been kept in the dark.  If I were
# Emulatorman, this is where I would condescendingly link to
# the "cliques" section of the Adhocracy article.''
#
# ''Look, handing money to someone is easy.  But then
# governments get involved because taxes, and everything
# gets complicated.  Even if it "should" be simple.''
#
# ''Half of the things you've suggested are "probably
# technically tax fraud (ask a lawyer!), but you'd probably get
# away with it."  When dealing with governments and taxes and
# non-profit/not-for-profit status, shit gets painful.''
#
# ''When companies do crazy shit like setting up wholly owned
# subsidiaries in off-shore tax havens and whatnot, it's made
# possible/legal by a high-powered, high-paid, lawyer
# (or, more likely, a team of them!), whose salary is less than
# the crazy-large amount of money being saved.
# They essentially get an economy of scale.  Unless we somehow
# find ourselves in a situation where we are overflowing with
# enough money to retain a lawyer, then going down this path is
# going down the path of "accidentally committing tax fraud,
# and hoping we get away with it."''
#
# ''When there's a part that we indisputably need, has an
# established and accepted price, and an universally agreed
# upon vendor, we STILL have to go through a process.''
#
# ''What I saw of the records of emails that I've been shown,
# the process with Ceata was NOTHING unusual.''
#
# ''In the same universe where a discussion among 3 members
# of the community on various private forums forces the
# entire community to have severed relations with their
# fiscal sponsor.''
#
# ''Beside the pad, there were various other private
# communications to various other members of the community,
# that are perhaps best described as "indented, at least in
# part, to plant the seeds of doubt and mistrust toward
# Ceata, and toward fauno."''
#
# ''Yeah, 'cause those start on IRC, and if not, are quickly
# opened to the entire community.  Most of the community
# didn't even know that the pad existed, or that there was
# *any* issue or concerns regarding funds and
# Ceata until after §7 had been invoked.''
#
# ''Tiberiu was witnessed much more of this "first hand"
# than I did, but the "rundown" that fauno gave me was not
# a rundown at all--he pretty transparently gave me
# (overwhelmed me) with complete transcripts.''
#
# ''Ah yes, because being a prolific developer makes one's
# behavior beyond reproach.  If he were on the other side
# of the issue, this is where I believe that Emulatorman
# would link to the "Overview" of the Adhocracy
# article, mostly intending to the invoke the bit about the
# difference between Adhocracy and Meritocracy.''
#
# ''Maybe moving away from Ceata is the right decision.  I
# don't think it is, but I don't know.  It should have been
# discussed by the community.
# It was really shitty of Emulatorman, g4jc, et al.
# to have forced the issue the way they did.''
#
# ''No. Shut up.  fauno is a pillar of the
# community.  This is a fact.''
#
# '''
# https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pillar_of_the_community
# | Noun
# |  pillar of the community (plural pillars of the community)
# |
# |   1. A prominent member or supporter of a particular community.
# '''
#
# ''I suggest you re-read the section on cliques.  While
# I support many of the purchasing decisions that I've tried
# to use the Ceata-held funds for (now that I know about them),
# these were being made out of view of the community.  Not
# being blessed with getting Cc'ed on your emails meant to
# everyone else "that their participation is not welcome".
# Discussions happening away from public spaces mean that "what
# is happening in the group is a partial assessment does not
# include those that are not."''
#
# '''
# I assume that hellekin's private communication with fauno began much
# the same as mine did:
#
#  <lukeshu> hey
#  <fauno>   hey
#  <lukeshu> So I guess I've been oblivious to some drama about access
#            to donations?
#  <fauno>   yes
#  <fauno>   what have you heard?
#
# That is: It happened in response to other private communication.
# '''
#
# ''Even if everything with the build server does work out,
# and we get the server worked out in Uruguay; Ceata generously
# offered to allow us to co-locate a server in their datacenter
# for free (and the server would be acquired much more
# cost-effectively than shipping one to Uruguay).
# Remember how the build-server plan I posted on the 31st
# involved 2 servers?  Beside the all of the community and
# relationships stuff, I'm pissed that the behavior of members
# of our community screwed us out of a 2nd bare-metal
# server.  Shit, even before they pushed Ceata to walk
# away, they rejected the offer for the co-located server.  That
# was a great offer!  Why did only 2 members of the community
# get to weigh in on it!?''
#
# ''Of the things I've gotten upset about with Parabola in
# the recent past, it has all been because of lack of
# communication/documentation.
# Adhocracy means that you can just do things, and don't have
# to waste time discussing it first.  However, for the
# community to survive, things need to be discussable; when
# you do something, you need to write down why you did it,
# and make it visible for critique, and correction.''
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004934.html

# aurelien
#
# "That is disturbing, but,
# that is not the thing that disturb me."
#
# "You are Human and by the way you can comit fault."
#
# "`But in that hundred of lines I do not read the part of
# your excuse to fauno.`"
#
# "For that, and the secret society you have create rejecting
# thus who don't care of money from the choice and orientation
# of the project, that is difficult to consider you as a
# good Human but a good manipulator."
#
# "You do a lot for the project, from technical to much more,
# but does that mean it give right to you to decide for all
# and manipulate people?"
#
# "As I told you, but you just want to see the point,
# share the building kernel pack with a new incomer and get
# time to find your way in the project would be welcome."
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004941.html

# srw - Stig Roar Wangberg
#
# "You are disturbing."
#
# '''
# > You are Human and by the way you can comit fault.
# Like you. And everyone else.
# '''
#
# "Why should he? Did anyone of you popes
# ask Emulatorman for fogiveness?"
#
# "Fuck you! On behalf of a good-hearted
# person: Fuck you! There is no secret society,
# and I wonder who is the manipulator here."
#
# "Wow, you admit he's a hardworking man that works around
# the clock for Parabola? Wow, that must have been hard to
# bring out! And who is he manipulating? Is it manipulation
# to want somethign good for Parabola?
# Oh, I see: He didn't ask for the pope's mercy!"
#
# "You're everything *but* kind! You're rude and hurting
# people! To be honest, I hope Emulatorman and all the
# hardworking devs leave! You don't deserve him."
#
# "I for one had enough of this shit! I'm def. out of here!"
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004942.html

---

# 2014 - December

# lashdu
#
# "I also believe that money can spoil people and damage well ..."
#
# "..."
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002486.html

# aurelien
#
# "There is lot of arguments to pray for the money temple."
#
# "..."
#
# "Parabola have run fine during that last five years without money."
#
# "What change that the project now need money?"
#
# "..."
#
# "Money is one more element to think that we do not have before,
# some more time to loose, but as some say very important."
#
# "..."
#
# "The fever of gold ..."
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002507.html

# aurelien
#
# french language:
# '''
# Meanwhile, because the most beautiful utopias are forced into silence
# instead of called for being fought for, and thus find solutions for
# them, they don't work as they should.
#
# So, stand up and fight.
# '''
#
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002510.html
# ^ (translated by hellekin)
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002511.html

# aurelien
#
# '''
# Money represent many troubles.
# - some will not join the project for the utopia, since the utopia will
# not be anymore
# - some will join the project for money only, the one for the utopia
# will not come anymore since the utopia will not be anymore sinc you
# have killed it
# - some people will join the project for the power to control and get
# more money and not for the utopia of the project since the utopia will
# not be anymore since you have killed it
#
# you kill the utopia and ask what is the trouble? hmm
#
# "débarquer la bouche en coeur"
# '''
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002512.html

# aurelien
#
# "You get out the sentence from its context"
#
# '''
# ... At this time, without money, there is no interest in doing
# things 1 or 2, so everyone is free to built a package,
# compile a kernel, have the fingers in the servers, bring some
# new project.
#
# With money, you will kill that playground for everyone, and will
# make a money playground.
# '''
#
# "That seems disturbing for you, it is not a competition, it is ..."
#
# "There is not true friendship at the time there is money interest."
#
# "I understand that could be disturbing for some people."
#
# "You also use incitment to me, so the best for you should
# to M-x doctor
# What is your plan Hellekin?"
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002629.html

# aurelien
#
# "Stop to blame me to try to defend something I care about."
#
# "... if you introduce money on task, money on works,
# money as reward to something,
# ... you will *destroy* :: "
#
# "... (there is no friend when there is money)"
#
# "Where is fun in money? Are you free because you have money?"
#
# "And stop to tell me that I decide for other, ..."
#
# "M-x doctor
# Why if you have no plan are you agressive with me?"
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002642.html

# aurelien
#
# "Introducing money to dev or people will destroy frienship
# of the community."
#
# "Introducing money to dev or people will introduce competition
# on act that bring to destroy the discovering role in Computer
# Sciences and Hackers side."
#
# "... just a fact that introducing money on people or act will
# do destroy many things."
#
# "Is that ok like that?"
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002644.html

# aurelien
#
# "Introducing money will bring high level people to
# parabola (that is cool)
# But that will get the place of new incomers without level
# that want to learn and discover computer science."
#
# "That will also kill friendship because it is well known
# that where there is money there is no true friendship."
#
# "Donate is not the trouble, the usage of the money is the trouble."
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002649.html

# aurelien
#
# "Yes I am deeply sure by experience, there is no true
# friendship when there is money between people."
#
# "And worst you kill true friendship by introducing money :'("
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002652.html

[Dev] Some doubts about Parabola's donations:
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004848.html
---
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004849.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004850.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004852.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004853.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004854.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004855.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004856.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004858.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004859.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004860.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004861.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004862.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004863.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004864.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004866.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004867.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004868.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004869.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004870.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004871.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004873.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004874.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004875.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004877.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004878.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004880.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004884.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004890.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004893.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004894.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004895.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004896.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004898.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004901.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004903.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004904.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004905.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004906.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004907.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004908.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004911.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004912.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004913.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004914.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004916.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004920.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004921.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004922.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004927.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004930.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004931.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004933.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004934.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004936.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004943.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004944.html

[Dev] [consensus][due: 2017-05-01] Emulatorman's expulsion
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004935.html
---
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004937.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004938.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004939.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004940.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004941.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004942.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2017-April/004945.html

[Dev] I quit Parabola project and the FSF. (aurelien)
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002460.html
---
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002461.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002462.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002463.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002464.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002465.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002466.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002467.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002468.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002471.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002472.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002474.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002478.html

[Dev] I stay in Parabola project and the FSF. (aurelien)
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002479.html

[Dev] *URGENT* Proposal to organise Parabola
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002475.html
---
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002476.html
https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2014-December/002477.html