[Dev] Calibre contacts its own servers to check for version updates (patch available)

nospam at curso.re nospam at curso.re
Wed Apr 12 16:36:57 GMT 2017

Luke Shumaker <lukeshu at lukeshu.com> writes:

> On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 10:19:40 -0400,
> nospam at curso.re wrote:
> [...]
>> Are you interested in reviewing and possibly integrating them?
>
> I'm definitely interested in reviewing them.  Though, I'd be a little
> surprised if there isn't already a ./configure flag to turn the
> behavior off.

Cool, thanks!

Calibre uses a very complicated setup.py and I could not figure out at a
glance whether such features can be turned off.

I will send over another message obtained with git-format-patch then. It
will have to patch files and the required changes to the calibre
PKGBUILD.

As a note, I had to modify the patch once (and once only so far) because
of minor code changes one patched file.

Best,

-- S.