[Dev] Some doubts about Parabola's donations

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Tue Apr 11 19:33:32 GMT 2017

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 10:22:58 -0400,
Stig Roar Wangberg wrote:
>                if one could somehow start a shop, selling t-shirts,
> cups, stickers,

To be clear, I want such a shop to exist.  Not even because of funding
for the project, but because I want to be able to purchase Parabola
t-shirts, cups, and stickers.  I don't even care if the proceeds from
it go to an individual hacker who set up the shop.

Technoethical was selling Parabola stickers at LibrePlanet.  I thought
it was really cool.

>                I have not exprerienced any ungratefulness towards any
> persons, nor towards Ceata. I don't understand those who's taking the
> personal turn here.

This looks really weird to an outsider.  There were a bunch of private
communication that lead up to this point, but it only just now
errupted onto public forums.  So to someone not privy to those private
communications, it looks like a sudden unexpected eruption; but it had
been stewing for a while.

> I think it would be a huge loss for Parabola and the community if
> Emulatorman and others leaves Parabola because they didn't find mercy
> at the king's feet

I agree; I don't want to see Emulatorman or anyone else leave the
community.  But, mistakes were made.  The events that lead to Ceata
(justifiably!) stepping away as our sponsor should have never
happened.  We need to have a real conversation about what went wrong,
and how to make sure that those kinds of mistakes don't happen again.