[Dev] Some doubts about Parabola's donations

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Mon Apr 10 03:31:24 GMT 2017

On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 22:17:56 -0400,
Eliot Reyna wrote:
> What about FSF? Actually, is the fiscal sponsor of gNewSense.
>
> Also, SPI is good as fiscal sponsor. However, SPI actually is the
> fiscal sponsor of Arch Linux and Debian. Even Peers Community is the
> actual sponsor of notabug and Libreboot.

While I don't remember for certain, there were 2 major concerns with
most of the potential sponsors we looked at, which included the FSF
and SPI:

 1. The take a percentage of the donations (Ceata very generously did
    not)
 2. They dictated things about project structure (Ceata was willing to
    be "hands off", and let us organize ourselves how we wish)