[Dev] Some doubts about Parabola's donations

Dudumomo dudumomo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 15:15:40 GMT 2017

Dear all,

I do not participate much to the newsletter (I only mirror), but I can feel
the tension of the conversation.

Since we have less than 2 months to find a fiscal sponsorship, I would
prefer to focus there.
Even if there is fees, it is probably better to reach out to others fiscal
sponsors.

By the way, using a fiscal sponsorship is not something all opensource
software are doing, and probably most of them are using a legal entity as
an association or something like this depending of the country. At that
time, was it done to solve a particular issue?

The main issues I'm seeing are, you need some paperwork / admin (But mostly
at the startup and once a year) and probably the most troublesome in some
cases, donations are not tax deductible.
But after, it's very flexible, tranparent, etc..

Just asking and trying to help :)