[Dev] Some doubts about Parabola's donations

Luke g4jc at openmailbox.org
Sat Apr 8 13:16:33 GMT 2017

On 04/08/2017 04:20 AM, fauno wrote:
> Luke <g4jc at openmailbox.org> writes:
>> I am unsure who exactly you are referring to as having "selfish brat
>> behaviour", but as someone who just happened to stumble upon this mess
>> when requesting help with postage and hardware for things I already
>> purchased on behalf of Parabola - I find it ridiculous. It's also nice
>> that you had a conversation with fauno without discussing it publicly.
>> If the community wants to split, so be it.
> this.  you go on and keep buying stuff without actually worrying if we
> could make it work and try to force the hands of the people you say you
> try to help.
>
> this is why you lost us fiscal sponsorship and iirc ~1800 EUR you now
> say we can do without, when a few mails back you all were so worried
> about our donors.
>
> now you casually bounce the idea of splitting the community, same as you
> bounced the idea of ceata and then me stealing from the funds.  have you
> been taking classes on post-truth perhaps?

Multiple personal attacks (ad hominem), but no substance. This money was
going to keep piling up, and it was very difficult to actually use.
Multiple developers, and users, agreed on this as being a serious issue
as the funds continued growing over time.

As far as development, I hope it doesn't split us at all, but it has
caused unnecessary division and this on going flamewar over something
that should have been simple.

Since the fiscal sponsorship expires soon, I do hope it can either be
distributed amongst the developers that need it, or benefit the FSF, or
go to some other organization the helps the free software movement. Per
the agreements terms, which I've read, that may not be possible. It
states that once 60 days notice is given, funds "will remain inactive
for any motive other than transference".[1]

1.
https://git.parabola.nu/~~historic/ceata-agreement.git/tree/Parabola+Ceata_Agreement.markdown