[Dev] Some doubts about Parabola's donations

aurelien aurelien at hackers.camp
Thu Apr 6 12:47:36 GMT 2017

Stig Roar Wangberg <srw at openmailbox.org> writes:

> to., 06.04.2017 kl. 14.12 +0200, skrev aurelien:
>> Stig Roar Wangberg <srw at openmailbox.org> writes:

>> > I'm extremely thankful and grateful for Parabola and all I've
>> > learned
>> > about computing and hacking these last few weeks. And I couldn't
>> > have
>> > done it without the help, patience and understanding from my new
>> > friends in this unique, wonderful community.
>> >
>> > I for one would love to see a world with a resource based economy
>> > rather than a debt/interest one. (End the FED and Central Banking!)
>> > But
>> > I would hate to see my friends - already working around the clock
>> > maintain the best distro in the world (!) - sell themselves to
>> > companies doing non-free software and working with proprietary
>> > software
>> >  just to make a living and only doing Parabola in their sparetime
>> > an
>> > hour before bed. But that is not for me to deside, of course, I
>> > mean
>> > how people are making a living. But I find this free community so
>> > unique, helpful, developing (personally, per knowlegde, how-to,
>> > freedom, friendship and more) that I would love for the devs to
>> > work
>> > with Parabola and at the same time be able to pay their bills,
>> > devices
>> > needed for building, maintaining, food and a place to live, for the
>> > sake of keeping Parabola secure, safe, up to date and so on. It
>> > would
>> > also be great for the philosophy of freedom if Parabola could be
>> > promoted with the help of artifects like t-shirts, cups, stickers,
>> > support, lectures (for schools, companies and others interested in
>> > the
>> > use of free software) etc., which also would contribute to Parabola
>> > economically.
>> >
>> > For me to be able to donate to Parabola and its devs, is a great
>> > joy
>> > for me. Not the fact that this world have this perverse
>> > superstition of
>> > a 'religion' called the monetary system, but due to the fact that I
>> > strongly believe this will help freeing even more users from the
>> > slavery caused by proprietary/non-free software and OSes. And for
>> > that
>> > I - as a user - very much so need you guys to do what you love the
>> > most
>> > and do best, i.e. Parabola!
>> >
>> > I very much welcome this new site for donating! I also welcome the
>> > idea
>> > of having a store, offering support and so on. And personally I
>> > have
>> > grown a lot in knowledge and know-how since I started to use
>> > Parabola.
>> > And if my learning curve continues the way it has the last few
>> > weeks,
>> > who knows; perhaps one day I can contribute to Parabola myself! I
> [...]

certainly, but I do not see where fauno get the money rather than for
parabola so what is the trouble exactly ??

because from what I read he does not get the money for hiself.

and no one respond me about the dark mail exchange around that I
consider as a trap to one of thus who load the project. (and really not
appreciate)

--
aurelien