[Dev] [consensus][due: 2016-10-10] Script to obtain the optimized 'mirrorlist'

Alejandro Hernández alejandrohp at openmailbox.org
Fri Sep 30 20:01:51 GMT 2016

[Dev] [consensus][due: 2016-08-10] Mirrorlist in Parabola

Currently, the /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist file requires be alert to any
change in the https://www.parabola.nu/mirrors/status/ web and edit the
file manually. This is not effective to keep updated Parabola, as has
been seen recently.

The most effective is to use the web https://www.parabola.nu/mirrorlist/
mirrorlist, ordering servers to the best score. And apply the
appropriate criteria determined as:

 cache server before the server itself.

 "Parabola.nu" must go to independent end of their performance because
it corresponds to our main server where the bandwidth we need to raise
our packages and develop.

Therefore, it should be created a script that obtains the information
from the web https://www.parabola.nu/mirrorlist/ and then apply the
additional custom criteria for obtaining file 'mirrorlist'. And that
will run periodically (daily?). [SCRIPT TO OBTAIN THE OPTIMIZED
'MIRRORLIST']

Thanks.