[Dev] [consensus due 11-11-16] Defining the nonprism repo

André Silva emulatorman at riseup.net
Thu Oct 27 03:15:19 GMT 2016

On 10/26/2016 11:34 PM, André Silva wrote:
> On 10/26/2016 08:22 PM, Luke wrote:
>> 1) Re-define or rename [nonprism] so that it also includes packages for
>> hardened, secure defaults, and less metadata/fingerprinting.
>
> +1 I think we should re-define it creating a FSDG-liked article inside
> nonprism wiki [2] following Snowden docs and put those references too.
> It will gives a better clarification for all users and Nonprism goal.
>
> [0]:https://www.parabola.nu/packages/pcr/x86_64/iceweasel-hardening/
> [1]:https://www.parabola.nu/packages/pcr/x86_64/icedove-hardening/
> [2]:https://wiki.parabola.nu/Nonprism

In my opinion, it should remove our current **hardening** packages to
include all-features-in-one inside all nonprism packages, more KISS for
the Parabola packagers :P

Otherwise, Nonprism wiki could contain a reference about opt-out of
privacy/security surveillance for nonprism users who wish it in a
different/specific article with suggestions (eg. override options in
about:config using a user.js file) from Parabola wiki. It could be
explained in ice{dove,weasel} install files as a notice to looking for
those articles. What do you think guys?