[Dev] [consensus due 11-11-16] Defining the nonprism repo

André Silva emulatorman at riseup.net
Thu Oct 27 02:34:46 GMT 2016

On 10/26/2016 08:22 PM, Luke wrote:
> Since your-privacy enforces the iceweasel-nonprism upgrade, many users
> did not like it. So the package that is built now was renamed to
> iceweasel-hardened. This causes it to not conflict with iceweasel and
> hence not bother users any more. Since it is a community package it also
> ended up in [pcr].

Those packages were renamed under hardening suffix, not hardened one [0][1]

> 1) Re-define or rename [nonprism] so that it also includes packages for
> hardened, secure defaults, and less metadata/fingerprinting.

+1 I think we should re-define it creating a FSDG-liked article inside
nonprism wiki [2] following Snowden docs and put those references too.
It will gives a better clarification for all users and Nonprism goal.

[0]:https://www.parabola.nu/packages/pcr/x86_64/iceweasel-hardening/
[1]:https://www.parabola.nu/packages/pcr/x86_64/icedove-hardening/
[2]:https://wiki.parabola.nu/Nonprism