[Dev] [due 2016-10-10]; donations thank you list

fauno fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Mon Oct 3 20:32:11 GMT 2016

hi!  since we started receiving donations, we're maintaining a thank you
list[0] where we put people's names and donations.  donors have the
option to be listed as anonymous too.

so far tct has been sending me new donations and then i go and update
the wiki page.  this has been been working more or less ok but lately i
don't even have the time to keep up with the wiki page so new donations
are delayed.

sometimes we receive funny donations, such as 1EUR donations, where most
of the donations goes to cover Paypal expenses.  Today we had such a
case that smelled fishy (publicity), so we were talking about this:

* Just put the person's name on the thank you list instead of a mention
  per donation

* Keep accounting separately, on an adequate file (a gnu cash file
  attached to the wiki for transparency).

* Set a minimum donation for appearing on the thank you list (perhaps 10
  USD or equivalent?  just to fend off publicity)

What do you think?

[0]: https://wiki.parabola.nu/Donations#Thanks.21

--
:>