[Dev] Ctrl+Alt+Backspace on by default

Raphaël Mélotte raphael.melotte at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 12:45:52 GMT 2016

Hello everyone,

I'm just discovering this great distro. I like the way Arch Linux works a
lot and I would like to switch to using only completely free distros.

I used Arch Linux wiki a lot to configure Parabola/GNU, because I couldn't
always find the info I needed on Parabola's wiki (and I'm willing to create
some missing pages when I have time if I'm allowed to).

One thing that I stumbled on is that the Ctrl+Alt+Backspace shortcut is on
by default within Xorg, while it's specificaly off by default on Arch Linux
(
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Keyboard_configuration_in_Xorg#Terminating_Xorg_with_Ctrl.2BAlt.2BBackspace).
I find that this behaviour is a small security issue because I'm used to
use a minimal X screen locker that doesn't prevent the user to kill X using
this shortcut to bypass the screen locker.
As Parabola/GNU works like Arch Linux in many ways, I wanted to know if
this is a recent change in Arch Linux that will be changed in Parabola, or
if this is a desired behaviour in Parabola that then should be mentionned
somewhere in the wiki (I think) because it can be a risky behaviour.

I thought I should ask this question on some forum but I didn't find one so
please forgive me if I'm not posting at the right place, I'm still learning
how things work.

Respectfully,

Raphaël Mélotte.