[Dev] Compliments & Suggestions

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 22 23:13:52 GMT 2016

On Fri, 20 May 2016 14:34:16 -0400,
Carl & Kim wrote:
> First, let me say that I don't know is the right place to be as I'm
> not a developer or hacker - just a long time linux user, distro
> junkie, and desktop junkie.  Looked for forums, but didn't find them.

This is as good a place as any.

We've discussed having forums from time to time, but have decided that
the mailing lists and IRC are good enough for now.

> I wish to compliment all of the real developers, packagers, etc who
> have created Parabola.  I found it by accident while searching
> distrowatch for free linux distros.
>
> I have downloaded and installed the 16.03 Mate iso and must say I am
> quite pleased with the results.  Only hiccup was having to look up the
> systemd command to start X automatically on bootup.  Could that be
> added to the installation?

What do you mean by that?  To the default install?  Or to the install
documentation?

> So far it seems much better than other
> free versions I have tried (gNewsense, Trisquel, Blag) - more complete
> and up to date.  I like that is based on Arch and it's rolling release
> cycle.

> I don't know if this 16.03 edition is an official or testing release
> as it is not listed on distrowatch but it does seem like it's at least
> ready for prime time testing.

Yes, it is an official release.

> Your distrowatch listing is sadly out
> of date, not having been updated since 2012. May I suggest the listing
> be upgraded to get you more exposure, and hopefully, help.

Yes, we've tried, but distrowatch has proven difficult to work with.

> Again, my compliments to you.  Keep up the good work.

Thank you!