[Dev] [consensus][due: 2016-05-19] New colour proposal for Parabola logo and branding

Crazytoon crazytoon at riseup.net
Thu May 12 16:02:24 GMT 2016

Hi guys, I am writing to you to let you know that since 10 days ago
together with coadde, we saw the need to do an analysis of colorimetry
to reach a perfect harmony of colours for our branding, wallpapers,
cartoons, logos and isotypes.

During this eventuality, we found a small issue in the colours that are
being used for the Parabola logo and other works that follow this
pattern (eg. website).

In that instance, we paid attention the current colour for our logo is a
combination of blue with grey [0], and seen that our community chosen
violet/purple colour for our distro, we would like send our sample
colour that we consider the more appropriate [1][2][3][4], but we would
like to open a consensus to will lead to a proper harmony in shades of
those colours that should be used for our logos, isotypes and characters.

It is also good to note that there are many nuances in all colours, and
therefore also in the violet and purple.

On the other hand, the contrast colour is produced by the modulation of
saturation of a pure tone with white, black, grey, or a complementary
colour, and this is important to analyse in detail so as not to fall
back into the trick of the eye that we had for so long when using the
blue grey tones.

So, i would place it in consensus in order to reach a favourable
decision for Parabola and our community.

Regards,
Crazytoon.

For further details:

* Harmony (color) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmony_%28color%29
* Basic shapes that make up the colour [in spanish] -
http://www.fotonostra.com/grafico/compositivascolor.htm
* Color effects: Size [in spanish] -
http://www.fotonostra.com/grafico/efectoscolor.htm

[0]:http://www.color-hex.com/color/787dab