[Dev] libretools 20160511 release announcement
lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 12 00:13:09 GMT 2016
I just released libretools 20160511 to [libre], and pushed the source
tarball to <https://repo.parabola.nu/other/libretools/>.
This is a bugfix release for to version 20160510, which added support
for running ARM chroots on x86 hosts via qemu with binfmt_misc.
Bug fixes from 20160510 to 20160511:
- Work correctly when running natively on ARM.
- When using qemu to run an ARM chroot on an x86 host:
- Work correctly if the environment variable CARCH is set.
- Don't share the package cache with the x86 host, as the 'any'
packages are rebuilt for ARM, leading to PGP errors.
Pre-requisites to using ARM chroots on x86 hosts:
- You need the 'binfmt-qemu-static' package (you may need to restart
systemd-binfmt.service after installing it).
To use an ARM chroot on an x86 host:
- When creating the chroot, use the `-A` flag to specify armv7h:
sudo librechroot -A armv7h -n MY_ARM_CHROOT_NAME make
After that, you should be able to use it normally like any other
chroot with librechroot/libremakepkg.
~ Luke Shumaker
More information about the Dev