[Dev] libretools 20160510 release announcement

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 11 22:42:38 GMT 2016

On Wed, 11 May 2016 03:59:34 -0400,
André Silva wrote:
> On 05/10/2016 02:34 AM, Luke Shumaker wrote:
> > When creating an ARM chroot, or when creating an x86 chroot after
> > creating an ARM chroot, there may be errors about package signing.
> > Just delete the chroot, and try again; it should work.  I believe this
> > hast to do with how we do package signing for imported packages, and
> > not with libretools itself.
>
> Those errors about package signing are related to different checksums
> between "any" packages synced from Arch (x86) to Parabola and Arch ARM
> to Parabola ARM (armv7h) that are going to the same folder
> (/var/cache/pacman/pkg), now i have the same issue with all chroot
> architectures, also my host system. It is because Arch ARM doesn't syncs
> "any" packages from Arch since their developers build Arch ARM from scratch.
> I suggest a different cache folder for armv7h packages to solve this issue.

Oh! That's good, I didn't realize they were getting re-built.

I think the better solution is to start sharing -any packages between
architectures.  That requires som dbscripts changes, but those are
coming soon anyway.

In the mean time:

The no-code workaround would be to configure pacman.conf:CacheDir to
to something else before working with the ARM chroot, and reset it
after.

The writing-code workaround would be to tack the `-c CACHEDIR` flag
into the arch_nspawn_flags array in librechroot.

I think I'll do the writing-code workaround, then push a new version.

--
Happy hacking,
~ Luke Shumaker