[Dev] Softwares and Libraries List ARM router

André Silva emulatorman at riseup.net
Fri Mar 25 09:42:32 GMT 2016

On 03/25/2016 05:20 AM, Enrique wrote:
> I feel A20 OLinuXino Lime2 like a very good candidate

Yes, sounds a good board

> How much donation you think and how much time you think you need to
> fully integrate a board with parabola?

I suggest donate a specific board that you want (eg. Wandboard Quad) to
do a lot of tests to see its stability with Parabola installed, also it
will be needed for Extlinux and GRUB porting/testing.

The time needed to integrate a board with Parabola relates to each
board, sometimes, it's fast if some boards were integrated in ArchARM,
then we just adapt it to our kernel.

However if some board required to integrate Parabola isn't available in
ArchARM (eg. CHIP hardware), it needs more time (maybe some weeks)
because we need study the board to build an U-Boot with settings
customized by us.

> Which of the board below with more RAM would you be selecting for it?

Wandboard Quad contains 2Gb RAM [0] and there are another goods boards
for it as Nitrogen6X [1], Trimslice [2] and Udoo Quad [3].

> What is the average time and procedure for deblobabing?

i use FSFLA's deblob script to check freedom issues on the RCN
patches [4] (i use it to create grsecurity-libre [5] based on grsecurity
too [6]), however it generates a lot of random false positives, then, i
remove/edit the patches manually after the false positive checking every
new release.

Note: Currently, default RCN patches contains just a blob called
"am335x-pm-firmware.elf" that is for the Beaglebone Black [7], another
ARM blobs are being deblobbed by the Linux-libre kernel.

[0]:https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/freescale/wandboard
[1]:https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/freescale/nitrogen6x
[2]:https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/nvidia/trimslice
[3]:https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/freescale/udoo