[Dev] Softwares and Libraries List ARM router

Isaac David isacdaavid at isacdaavid.info
Mon Mar 21 20:32:08 GMT 2016

Le lun. 21 mars 2016 à 13:56, André Silva <emulatorman at riseup.net> a
écrit :
> On 03/21/2016 07:27 AM, Enrique wrote:
>>  I can donate you 3 odroids xu4 xu3 c1plus
>

>>  So what i undertood from your below answer is that positively you
>> and
>>  your working team
>>  can help us to addapt parabola to any ARM board plus adjust the
>> APPs? i
>>  am right?
> Yes, you're right, since some months ago, we announced about it
> officially on our main site [1]

Adjust Parabola to work with _any_ ARM board and adapt/accept _any_
application?
(I guess by "adjusting the apps" Enrique is also referring to adding
custom packages
to something like [pcr])

This needs more clarification:

For most boards we would probably be able to boot Linux-libre and run a
normal
Parabola GNU/Linux system, but I suspect there may be some others that
_require_
custom (and even nonfree) kernels to even work at all!

But there's something else we all know for sure we won't be able to
support: bootloaders.
Platforms like Samsung Exynos _need_ nonfree and signed bootloaders to
work at all. Users
are alone making sure they can boot Parabola from a proprietary
bootloader. I mention this
because I also received Enrique's previous mail off-list days ago, and
if I recall correctly he
is concerned with keeping things 100% free for his project. We can't
magically free all the
software in the odroids.