[Dev] Softwares and Libraries List ARM router

André Silva emulatorman at riseup.net
Mon Mar 21 03:42:37 GMT 2016

On 03/20/2016 10:30 AM, Enrique wrote:
>   * What would be the quickest way to check if the libraries in txt
>     attached are opensource 100% free of binary blobls ?

I suggest use our distro Parabola GNU/Linux-libre instead, since it is a
libre software project aiming to provide a fully free as in freedom
distribution based on the packages of the Arch distribution where the
primary goal is to give the user complete control over their system with
100% Libre software.[0] Also, Parabola GNU/Linux-libre is listed by the
Free Software Foundation as a fully free software distribution. [1]

>   * Any recomendation about low cost 100% free blob ARM/386 board we can
>     use to install or embebd like libre-kernel?

Coadde and me received Beaglebone Black to maintain the bootloader and
kernel packages for Parabola ARM for those type of boards [2], in my
personal point of view is a good board to be used. We are supporting
another ARMv7 boards too, since that it is being supported through
uboot, uboot + Extlinux support (Beaglebone Black was tested and works
well) and uboot + GRUB support (it is under developing yet) [3]

Otherwise, Gaming4JC donated to us a CHIP hardware (it costs just U$ 9!)
to begin create a specific uboot, uboot+extlinux and GRUB package for it
to works Parabola on that board [4].

>   * Would know anybody in your circle freelancer willing to make/porting
>     this apps working in librekernel over ARM?
>   * We need support asap to create a woking group to make that possible,
>     budget in consideration process.

We could do it through our distro since we have a fully free as in
freedom ARMv7 version that is working well. What do you think?

>   * What you consider we could use to coordinate a group of people ina
>     team additionally to Redmine,Dokuwiki?

We are using our report bugs site through Redmine [5] and another ways
like git [6] and devs lists [7] to coordinate it, i suggest use those
ways for it :)

[0]:https://wiki.parabola.nu/Main_Page
[1]:https://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/parabola-gnu-linux-joins-the-fsf-list-of-free-distributions
[2]:https://www.parabola.nu/news/robofun-sponsors-parabola-arm-port-with-a-bbb-board/