[Dev] [GNU-linux-libre] [consensus][due: 2016-06-13]: New version for Parabola Social Contract

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sat Jun 18 18:00:39 GMT 2016

  > "In 4.0, you must indicate if you modified the material and retain an
  > indication of previous modifications. In 3.0 and earlier license
  > versions, the indication of changes is only required if you create a
  > derivative."

This small change may be an improvement, but it doesn't really change
the situation.  I think it is correct to publish statements of views
and testimony under a no-derivatives license.  Functional works (those
designed to be used to do a practical job) must be free so that those
who are using them practically have control over the job.  That reason
does not apply to statements of opinion or testimony, or to art.

See http://gnu.org/philosophy/copyright-vs-community.html for where I stand
about these issues.

--
Dr Richard Stallman