[Dev] [GNU-linux-libre] [consensus][due: 2016-06-13]: New version for Parabola Social Contract

IngeGNUe ingegnue at riseup.net
Fri Jun 17 00:50:53 GMT 2016

On 06/16/16 19:18, Richard Stallman wrote:

> Quoting part of a statement correctly is legitimate because that
> practice is necessary for intellectual conversation.  Quoting
> incorrectly can be misleading; I am not sure if that is fair use.
> Publishing a modified version of someone else's statement is far more
> misleading.  Thus, I recommend the Noderivatives condition for
> statements of opinion.

Hey all, I think CC resolved this issue in version 4.0:

"In 4.0, you must indicate if you modified the material and retain an
indication of previous modifications. In 3.0 and earlier license
versions, the indication of changes is only required if you create a
derivative."

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ (Quote above found when you
click the link "indicate if changes were made".)

https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/License_Versions#Modifications_and_adaptations_must_be_indicated

What do you think?