[Dev] [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [consensus][due: 2016-06-13]: New version for Parabola Social Contract

Isaac David isacdaavid at isacdaavid.info
Tue Jun 14 18:05:48 GMT 2016

Le mar. 14 juin 2016 à 8:58, Adonay Felipe Nogueira
<adfeno at openmailbox.org> a écrit :
> Unless I'm really blind right know (which happens some times), I can't
> see how the requirements of the Definition of Free Cultural Works are
> present in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Julie never mentioned the UDHR. There's a difference between
what each of us thinks human rights should be and what the
living document put forth by the UN says. I for one am
dissatisfied with articles 16.3, 22, 23.3, 25, 26 (especially 26.3);
the wording of 11.1; and finally 27.2, which looks like a vague
loophole for further "intellectual property" lobbying and stands
in opposition to 27.1 (the one about sharing you mentioned)
and the goals of both the Free Software and Free Culture
movements.