[Dev] [libreplanet-discuss] [consensus][due: 2016-06-13]: New version for Parabola Social Contract

André Silva emulatorman at riseup.net
Mon Jun 13 21:23:24 GMT 2016

On 06/13/2016 12:21 AM, Luke Shumaker wrote:
> I put just "Arch" in the heading (because otherwise the heading was
> just way too long, IMO) and "Arch (the GNU/Linux distrubtion)"
> in the body.

+1

> Possible other changes:
>
>  - The "democratic" thing.

I think it needs expansion because there a lot of democracy variants
[0]. I told about it in the previous emails [1] and i mean it because we
make decisions through consensus democracy [2][3], as opposed to another
democratic systems where minority opinions can potentially be ignored by
vote-winning majorities [4] or an authoritarian democracy [5].

So we could specific about our democracy variant that is consensus
democracy in our clause (eg. "Parabola's community is democratic in its
essence ([consensus
democracy](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consensus_democracy))" or
"Parabola's community is democratic in its essence through [consensus
democracy](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consensus_democracy)."

Otherwise, we could add another expansion in this clause or create
another one about our organization. Parabola organization is adhocratic,
as opposite fashion to a bureaucracy [6] and meritocracy [7].

An pessimal example of meritocracy could be the following one:
"Emulatorman is maintaining all kernels for Parabola, lukeshu is
developing libretools for Parabola devs and fauno is being our Parabola
delegate, therefore they are the bosses here and organize the Parabola
project" It is not good for Parabola and Contract Social should be
specific about their adhocratic organization to clarify that all
Parabola users and community are important in the Parabola project
organization.

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy#Variants
[1] https://lists.parabola.nu/pipermail/dev/2016-June/004119.html
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy#Consensus_democracy