[Dev] [consensus][due: 2016-06-13]: New version for Parabola Social Contract

fauno fauno at endefensadelsl.org
Thu Jun 9 06:13:57 GMT 2016

Luke Shumaker <lukeshu at sbcglobal.net> writes:

>> 5) Democracy doesn't works. Adhocracy is the way for Parabola.
>
> That's a very loaded claim.  Maybe it is true, but it certainly
> requires discussion before ammending the Social Contract to say that.
>
> Launching point for further discussion: there was good discussion
> about how to do governance when we were figuring out the Ceata
> agreement.

i agree, adhocratically changing the governance method described on the
social contract was not ok, even when it's the more or less de facto
method.  why wasn't this change discussed like we endlessly discuss how
should we refer to arch?

i won't turn any tables over it though, it's not like it changed from
democratic to "benevolent" dictatorship :P

but it would be good to provide links on discussions about governance
that happened on this list for further reference.

i'd also prefer we put our heads on a clear "how to become a parabola
hacker" document rather than clarifying the social contract.

--
P)