[Dev] New install medium 2016.07.27

André Silva emulatorman at riseup.net
Sun Jul 31 18:27:41 GMT 2016

On 07/28/2016 04:44 PM, André Silva wrote:
> ChangeLog:
>
>   * [Mate desktop ISO]: Fixed read and write permissions in $HOME folder.
>   * [Mate desktop ISO]: Added instant messaging and video calling
> applications such as mate-extra, linphone, qtox.
>   * [Mate desktop ISO]: Added octopi-cachecleaner, octopi-notifier and
> octopi-repoeditor since it is needed for octopi that is our powerful
> Pacman frontend by default.
>   * [Mate desktop ISO]: Added lightdm as default display manager.
>   * [Mate desktop ISO]: Added sudo by default to allow members of group
> wheel to execute any command.
>   * [Mate desktop ISO]: Added grub2-theme-gnuaxiom as Parabola theme for
> GRUB.
>   * [Mate desktop ISO]: Added compressor and archiver applications such
> as p7zip, unar, unzip and zip.
>   * Removed cargo and rust from the blacklist since its trademarks are
> different than Firefox and seems nothing in them in contradiction with FSDG.
>   * Added foomatic-db-nonfree-ppds to the blacklist since it is clearly
> non-Free.

Since libreuser reported there are no links explained in every 'New
install medium' changes in labs [0], i updated website news article
again [1] and put the same details below too...

ChangeLog with references:

* [Mate desktop ISO]: Fixed read and write permissions in $HOME folder.
[2][3][4]
* [Mate desktop ISO]: Added instant messaging and video calling
applications such as mate-extra, linphone, qtox. [5]
* [Mate desktop ISO]: Added octopi-cachecleaner, octopi-notifier and
octopi-repoeditor since it is needed for octopi that is our powerful
Pacman frontend by default. [6]
* [Mate desktop ISO]: Added lightdm as default display manager. [7]
* [Mate desktop ISO]: Added sudo by default to allow members of group
wheel to execute any command. [8][9]
* [Mate desktop ISO]: Added grub2-theme-gnuaxiom as Parabola theme for
GRUB. [10][11]
* [Mate desktop ISO]: Added compressor and archiver applications such as
p7zip, unar, unzip and zip. [12]
* Removed cargo and rust from the blacklist since its trademarks are
different than Firefox and seems nothing in them in contradiction with
FSDG. [13]
* Added foomatic-db-nonfree-ppds to the blacklist since it is clearly
non-Free. [14]

[0]:https://labs.parabola.nu/issues/1064
[1]:https://www.parabola.nu/news/new-install-medium-20160727/
[2]:https://git.parabola.nu/packages/parabolaiso.git/commit/?id=87010ae3d4c5c88cffe3f73d99206b4e252ece3a